lördag 23 maj 2009

Are you getting married soon?


Soon we enter the season when most people get married, at least in Sweden, the summer. No matter what time of year it is, there is something very special about weddings and wedding parties, not only for the one´s getting married. There is something very romantic to be a guest at a wedding I think.
I get married with my beloved husband in december, during the 80'ies last month. I would have published our wedding photo here, but I don´t have any at the computer and our scanner isn´t that co-operative. But at least, both me and the husband was very young, very pretty and very (very!) thin. One may think I should remember what perfume I weared, but honestly, I don´t have a clue. I have thought about it, and maybe it was YSL`s Opium (even tough it feels like my time with that was over by then). Or something from Yves Rocher (in that case, probably Ispahan), I can also have borrowed something from my mum, maybe YSL´s Champagne (that was the name of Yvresse at that time I think). That my husband had any perfume at all I doubt.
You undertand, that this was a time when perfumes wasn´t that important to me. But if I get married again I would chose perfume carefully and make sure my husband did as well (of course I would marry the same man!). It has become popular to renew the vows, so maybe we will some day.
Well, what perfume is suitable for a wedding? I think it´s a question that isn´t that important for most people getting married, unfortunatly. Scents is what we remember best and a really good perfume would make the wedding more memorable than without. We will all get older (hopefully) and what if we become senile and the only thing making us remember our wedding was the smell of the perfume? Therefore to chose perfume for the wedding, IS important!
Chose a special perfume, and there after only wear it on your wedding days, I am sure your partner will not forget about them if you smell like you smelled on the wedding!
But wich one? It´s of course very individual, but I have some suggestions.
The classic bride: Perles de Lalique by Lalique, a shiny, understated and elegant perfume. Sensual and white, discrete but very beautiful.
Chanel No 5, this i a genuine classic, perfect for a wedding. If the original seem to strong for you, maybe Chanel No 5 Eau de Premiere is a good alternative, maybe for the younger bride or if you prefer something a little lighter.
The romantic bride: Iris Poudre by Frederic Malle, creamy powdery white perfection, utterly soft and romantic.
Almost Innocent by Vive Maria, as the name suggest, innocent but below the surface... sexy.
The fresh bride: La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan, uplifting, summery, tart and playful.
Esprit de Fleurs by Frapin, wonderful, floral, light and very fresh.
The sensual bride: Nude Musk by Ava Luxe, creamy, close to skin, comforting and warm.
Songes by Annick Goutal, beautiful flowers surrounded by airy, light incensy smoke.
The sexy bride: Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle, irresistible and with a magnetic attraction force.
Musc Koublai Khan y Serge Lutens, why save all the fun for the wedding night? With this on, things may happen already during the wedding ceremony! A few drops of MKK added to any perfume will sex it up a lot, not together with Carnal Flower tough, it´s sexy enough already.
The bride with a rose bouquet: Brulure de Rose by Parfumerie Generale, de most romantic, delicious pink gourmand roses there is.
Une Rose av Fredeic Malle, red roses at it best, and still not over-powering. Just enough!
A little more rose, Sa Majeste la Rose av Serge Lutens, splendid and strong rose.
The alternative bride: Patchouli 24, do not overdose. Two sprays will last all night long and until the next morning! Suitable if you´re getting married in black. Otherwise Serge Lutens Serge Noir is a good option.
Maybe you´re a hippie romantic? Try Intrigant Patchouli bu Parfumerie General, the sexiest patchouli arround.
Punk? Does punkrockers getting married? Appearantly, try anything from Etat Libre d'Orange, maybe even Secretions Magnifique?
Fetisch? Well what about Histoire de parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade? Stiff, black leather. Or Serge Lutens Daim Blond, soft suede.
Rubber? Oud 27 by Le Labo (lots of rubber) or Bvlgari Black (rubber, but not as much).
Genderneutral? Josef Statkus by Josef Statkus, sodt, warm woody perfection, a little androgyn. Bandit by Robert Piquet, strict letaher and herby greenery. Musc Ravegeur by Frederic Malle, magnetic on right skin chemistry no matter if you´re man or women. Same goes for Bond No 9 Silver Factory.
Wich perfume did you wear when you got married? Or what perfume do you want to wear when you´re getting married?

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hi, Rebella:

    What an interesting blog piece! I have never been married and have no plans to. But I was just thinking - if a person plans to wear white, a great perfume would be Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver. It's by Jean-Claude Ellena. Tom, who blogs sometimes on Perfume-Smellin' Things reviewed it. He called it something like "wearing white, in a white room, looking out the window at snow." I like it very much, and the strong heliotrope note also makes me think of Jordan almonds, which are a wedding candy in some countries. - Pitbull Friend

    SvaraRadera
  2. L'Eau d'Hiver sounds really interesting, it´s one I still have left to try among Frederic Malle´s perfumes.

    SvaraRadera