onsdag 19 augusti 2009

Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka


Well, I feel kind of purple right now. I think that purple was a colour appropriate for older women and widows in earlier times. Maybe Lolita Lempicka is a real old women-scent apart from the name. And I guess I´ve reached the age when old lady-scents fit me as the hand in the glove.

Without joking, I´m not really much fore the idea that a certain age couldn´t wear certains perfumes and so on. Even tough I now and then knows that I am guilty of writing that some perfume would suit someone 30+ or something, even tough I am totally sure that it would also work excellent on someone only 17 years old. It´s some kind of general age prejudice I´ve got that make me think that swedish (or whatever nationality I guess) teenage girl don´t know so much about perfume outside the most trendy brands. But then I realised not even older swedish women know much about perfume either. So my appologies if I ranting about with my prejudice without thinking, after all I don´t even belive it myself. Meaning that I don´t always stop to question myself before I write.

This was supposed to be about Lolita Lempicka, nothing else. And Lolita Lempicka is so much more than violets and anice, wich are the most famous notes in it. Yes, it´s a cozy violet perfume and the note of anice gives it a certain character that for sure was something special when it was released in 1997.

Despite that, I have a lot of other violet scents I prefer more than Lolita Lempicka. Lolita Lempicka is partly a little to sweet, a little to strong and dominant. But it has something I don´t have encountered in any other perfume this far, a most delicious, pure and beautiful note of smoke.

No, it isn´t the smell of strong oriental incense or the smoke from a crackling bonfire, it makes me think of some kind of clean smoke that emerged without any actual burning process. Probably sounds kind of weird? I´m not even sure that it is smoke, but I don´t know wich other word to describe it with. It doesn´t really matter if it is smoke or light purple twilight clouds or enchanted fog in the dawn, I know for sure that it´s smells good.

That the note I am longing for when I want to wear Lolita Lempicka. I wonder if it is the vetiver? Because I can smell a brisk and papery note in the base that I guess must be the vetiver. Probably it´s a work of many notes together, lmaybe tobacco, tonka bean and vanilla. In the smoky cloud I can also smell discrete notes of wood, almond and vanilla.

The base makes Lolita Lempicka to a much more complex perfume than you can belive at first. But, with that in mind, it´s also a very heavy violet perfume, so I guess it´s hard to overcome that if you´re not in to violet. The pricing is nice, you can get Lolita Lempicka for bargain prices at the internet. The sillage is huge and it´s also longlasting. I can see why it´s so popular and also at the same time not.

What´s your opinion about Lolita Lempicka?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar