söndag 20 september 2009

Korres - Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit


Korres is originally a greek company, starting off as a homeopatic apotechary in Athens, Greece. From homeopatic medicins the company developed to the skincare market offering natural skincare products with plant extracts. And earler this year, Korres entered the perfume buisness by offering three different scents; Rose wood, Blackcurrant, Cyclamen for a female audience, Saffron Amber, Agarwood, Cardamom marjeted towards men and finally the one I´ve tried Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit wich is an unisex scent.


You can learn more about Korres here: http://www.korres.com/CountrySelect.aspx (Just chose your country in the list)


To try Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit now in september is as perfect as it can be. Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit is namely a totally wonderful scent for this time of year. I am sure it will wears perfect in winter to, but september is for me the number one month for perfumes with a golden aura.


And Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit is as golden as it´s possible for a scent to be. Thanks to M. Micallef´s Gaiac I have realised what a wonderful note gaiac wood is and of course you find it in Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit. Gaiac wood seem to give a scent of warm, glowing, golden and very aromatic wood. In Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit the gaiac note is used quite light, giving the scent a aromatic, warm background rather than a prominent woody scent.


When I´m wearing Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit I think it smells so good I could go around smelling like this forever. You´re like surrounded by an easy, golden, glowing and fruity cloud of beautiful fragrance. I am convinced that the jasmine used in Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit isn´t any ordinary white jasmine but a rare, golden one the perfumer found in some distans place (the perfumer is by the way unknown, but please let me know who´s done this pretty masterpiece).


Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit is so much more than a jasmine scent, but among jasmine scents, one of the best I´ve tried. But there is pepper in at as well, and I think the pepper gives the scent a spritzy, interesting edge giving the scent a mysterious and interesting feeling. I guess the passion fruit joins with fruity sweetness and some apply note lingering in the background? Anyway, pepper and passion fruit manage to give the scent a bubbly character. Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit is a steadily glowing comfort scent, but thanks to the composition there is all the time things going on in it, taking me on a pleasant olfactory adventure.


There´s a lot going on in Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit. Anise bring a dry feeling to it. Warm, beautiful wood. Uplifting fruitnotes. Gorgeus jasmine. Interesting pepper. Top that with base notes with white chocolate and some greenery, and well, a fair part of fragrant families are covered for. Yes, it´s oriental spicy, aromatic woody, enchantingly floral, fresh fruity and a base note with the most lushious, creamy gourmand character.


Readers of the blog know that I usually like perfumes where there is a lot of things going on. I don´t bother that Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit want´s to be a little of everything (it´s just like me!). Add to that the fact that it´s an unisex scent, you can realise it´s extremly multi facetted. I suspect it can smell completly different on different skin chemistries. When I´m trying a new scent I am very fokused, discovering notes in the background and slighly changes in nuances. When wearing it on a daily base you can just settle with the fact that it smells good, extremly good!


Apart from many other companies that starts with perfumes, Korres is wise enough to start with offering only three different scents, each of them with it´s own character. There are so many new perfume lines offering ten or up to twenty or more different perfumes from start, and such a selection make at least me at little stressed out. Of course I´m curious about the other two perfumes that Korres offer, even the one for a male audience, with those notes (safron, agar wood, cardemom) I´m sure it´s wearable for females as well. And the feminine scent? Oh, rose wood and black currant sounds fantastic. Even tough I´m convinced non of them can smell as good as Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit or?


Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit is a mature scent with lots of body, soul and heart. Easy to love ant at the same time complex, unique and very personal. Exciting, mystic and still familiar and very comfortable. You can wear it during a walk in the forrest or on that big party,
Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac Wood, Passion Fruit is like a perfume chameleon and manage to smell fantastic at the most different occations.


What Korres offers in fragrance feel genuin and well tought-out. I have to say something about the outer box as well, usually they don´t manage to catch my attention that much, but this one does. It´s covered with floral and herbal prints and you fold it out like a book. The box isn´t bigger than the bottle, it closes around the bottle fitting perfectly. This gives the box 5 stars in my opinion.


Excellent sillage, as said you are surrounded with a cloud of golden scent. The lasting power surprised me. At first test I was a little dissapointed with it, but well... something dissapointing it could be in it. But, strangely enough, the longvity gets better for each time I use it. Maybe I was onlu unfamiliar with the basenotes the first time I tried it? So I have to admit, the staying power is really good for an eau de toilette. Don´t miss this excuisit scent!


Talking about dissapointments. Guess what Parfumerie Generale want´s to ship a 30 ml bnottle from France to sweden? 40 euros! Well, they can forget about that. I have earlier discovered that the shipping from France can be ridicoulus expensive for some strange reason.


And by the way, in only a few days my blog will have it´s first birthday. It will be presents of course, so don´t miss it.





Pic: The Kiss by Gustav Klimt

2 kommentarer:

  1. I just bought this fragrance today and reading your text brought me so much joy! You wrote so beautifully about the feelings I'm experiencing too. Thank you so much
    Emma from Finland

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you so much for this wealth of information. I am not good for a fragrance descriptions but I wanted to have a perfume collections.

    clestey

    SvaraRadera