fredag 8 januari 2010

Boadicea the Victorious


I am fascinated with Celtic culture, history and the mystery that compass everything Celting in our time. Therefor you can belive that an entire line called Boadicea the Victorious (named after the legendary Celtic warrior queen Boadicca or named after the lines creator Michael Boadi, I guess it´s after all a play with names) would be just my taste. At least it seem like they´re in Michelle Obamas taste, since she bought several of them perfumes from the line. And the bottles look great, even though I am a little tired on the Celtic tribal art after the 90'ies tribal obsession in tattoos. And no, I don´t have a tribal in the curve of my back.


One thing a little diffcult when it comes to Boadicea the Victorious, is the huge variety of scents to chose from, all with a little similar names. That it is hard to overlook the line, increases when I realise there is also an exclusive collection.


It would be unfair to judge a whole collection only after I have tried three scents, but my overall impression is poor and I am not that curious about trying other scents in the line.


The scents I´ve tried is: Exotic, Invigorating and Seductive. And, to be honest, I don´t have much good to say about them.


Seductive is as far from seductive as possible according to me, it has a strange smell like a mix between something sour and wet diapers, maybe it would be seductive if you´re a diaper fetishist, I got to find that out, but apart from that... a big dissapointment and I had to scrub it of the second time I tried it.


Invigorating isn´t at all invigorating, it smells like a very strange mishmash of flowers, wood and spices that not at all belong together or like the perfumer had to blend the perfume in a hurry to come up with enough perfumes for all the names! Avoid this!


Something nice there has to be to say about them? Well, that would be Exotic I think. And it starts off really promising. The top notes reminds of Tom Ford´s Black Orchid and Issey Miyake´s Feu d'Issey. Really comfy, with spicy, vanilla, cigarsmoke and all framed by a tropic environment. This I like! For about 30 minutes that is. Because after that, it become nothing but a silent murmur on my skin. Neither me or my husband could smell it after about an hour! How something with those notes (musk, black truffel, ylang-ylang, bergamot, black currant, patchouli, vetiver, vanilla, sandelwood) could be so short lived is n´t easy to figure out. But among the one´s I´ve tried from Boadicea the Victorious this is the only I would recommend, and I sure hope it has better longvity on you...


Have you tried something from Boadicea the Victorious? Is your impression good or bad? Is there any scent in the line that i must try, even though I am skeptic?


Otherwise, I´ve got a sample pack that seem to be anything but a dissapointment. Only four samples, but this far at least two of them are gorgeus. I have to try them a little longer, but I long to write about them so much. Which scents they are? Oh well, the new tuberose-scents from Histoire de Parfums and their new 1889, Moulin Rouge. I am sure there aren´t any dissapointments around the corner with them...





Pic: organic jewelry

2 kommentarer:

  1. The only one I've tried is "Noble"-- and I'm with you!! Disappointing!! A very nice, creamy, smooth ambergris finish, but beyond that, I can't even REMEMBER enough about it to say something nice. If MO didn't buy some from this line, would anyone ever talk about it at all?

    SvaraRadera
  2. They seem to be strange, and not really in an interesting way...

    SvaraRadera