måndag 11 januari 2010

Histoires de Parfums - Tubéreuse Animale


Perfumes with floral and leather notes has been done before. But the question is if they´ve been done as good as Histoires de Parfums Tubéreuse Animale? Of course that is a matter of taste, but I have never been so captured by a floral-leather perfume before. For instant Parfumerie Generales Psychotrope is a little to bland and Hermés Kelly Caleche is a little to tidy and ladylike. There isn´t anything ladylike or tidy about Tubéreuse Animale...


The leather note is recognisable from their 1740 Marquis de Sade, and it is so pleasant. This is black, worn out, comfy and liked as an old favourite leather jacket. In Marquis de Sade, the leather note is quite masqulin, rough, stiff but also soft. Of course it is soften up even more in Tubéreuse Animale. The tuberose note is warm, creamy almost buttery rather than cold and distant. The top notes are easening up a little by fresh citrus.


Tubéreuse Animale is one of those scents that kind of dances on my skin, part of the time the leather is dominating, only to shortly after been followed by the beautiful tuberose which soon evolves to a creamy, almost gourmand oriental note. I think I can smell both cardemom and vanilla even though I don´t find any of them listed among the notes. A little it remind me of Worth´s Courtesan, but much more complex and animalic, dangerous and mysterious...


When i am wearing Tubéreuse Animale I am convinced that this is the best of the four new one´s from Histoires de Parfums, but I think it is quite even between this and 1889 Moulin Rouge. As scents they are very different from each other and therefore hard to compare. Tubéreuse Animale makes me happy, but also make me feel thrilling, mystical and well, more like Venus in Furs than O if I put it that way. Tubéreuse Animale is a more dominating and demanding scent, at any occation it would be possible for it to steal the show. It is really longlasting and with noticable sillage even if I only have dabbed it on.


Scents, as beautful as this and 1889 Moulin Rouge makes me feel greatful for trying them, but also humble in front of the artistic and skilled to be able to create such great perfumes. I will be back, shortly, with the two other tuberose-scents, Capricieuse and Virginale. They aren´t in any way bad scents. In a more mediocre bunch of samples they would probably be among the best one´s, but compared to 1889 Moulin Rouge and Tubéreuse Animale, they do stands in the shadow of them. But, hold on, I will write something about them too...






Pic: Venus_In_Furs_by_lostinnebula

2 kommentarer: