måndag 8 mars 2010

Farmacia SS Annunziata dal 1561 - Perla


If Laboratorio Olfattivo is one of the newest perfume lines in Italy, Farmacia SS Annunziata is on of the oldest. Farmacia SS Annunziata is more then a line of perfumes, it´s an farmacy established in Florence 1561. During the years the farmacy has been driven -among others- by monks, but most of the documents get lost during France occupation of Tuscany in early 19th century.


Even though the farmacy history is interesting and Farmacia SS Annunziata is one of the oldest and still existing brands in Italy, I am -as usual- most interested in the perfumes. And Farmacia SS Annunziata sure has a lot to chose from, varies from eau de toilettes to perfume. The scent I´ll write about today is an eau de toilette.


About two years ago I tried a scent fokused on apricots. I thought it smelled good, but after all "how often do i want to go around smelling like apricots" I asked myself. And that was my opinion until I tried Farmacia SS Annunziata´s Perla...


The notes are lemon, osmanthus, amber and vanilla. But on me, Perla is all about apricots. And what an apricot! I could drink/eat/bath in this! Perla is an absolutly stunning, beliveable and mood lifting apricot scent. For start it´s the smell of fresh, sunriped and very juicy apricots and I can taste them in my mouth when I smell Perla. During the heart note, the apricopts become more like dried apricots, sweet, chewy and sour.


Perla isn´t complex, rapidly changing or surprising, except of that it is the best apricot scent I´ve ever smelled. Is even better then real apricots, since I can follow different kinds of apricots in Perla...


Perla is sweet, on me not too sweet, but the youngest daughter think it was to sweet on her. So no matter how much I enjoy Perla, I guess it isn´t for everyone. But, however, a scent that makes me realise that of course I need to go around and smell like apricots, is a scent worth trying, right? Maybe Perla will reveal things about you as well? Beware! :)


During base notes, perla becomes more of a soft, powdery vanilla but with nuances left of the apricots, even though more like delicate apricot powder. Being an eau de toilette it has nice staying power and also good sillage. There isn´t that much to write about a pure apricot scent, perla don´t take me on any cool olfactory tripps, byt it do makes me feel fine and like I am having my own private little sun with me wherever I go, and that isn´t a bad thing.


Do you have some interesting and nice scented surprises to tell about? Any note that made yoy totallt change your opinion just like that?




Pic: Flickr

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar